Monday, April 12, 2010

Alice in Wonderland

So I went to see Alice in Wonderland 2D with my sister and her sister in law today. Pretty fun. Bought a large Sierra Mist, small popcorn with butter, and Twizzlers. Took 15 units of Novalog for it after, because I was feeling pretty crappy. Probably should have taken it before, but I didn't think about it till I was already inside the theatre. I don't like taking insulin in public because people stare. I hate getting dirty looks from people. It makes me so uncomfortable. I mean, I am not a druggie people. Or at least not the bad kind. I HAVE to do drugs to live, they are prescribed. I am pretty sure that if I was doing something bad like shooting up, I would not do it in the middle of a public place where tons of people could see me. But hey, it could happen. I guess. I've been getting these looks ever since I was first diagnosed, when I was 5.

When I was a little kid, when I first got diagnosed with it, I lost a lot of friends due to it. People were ignorant. They thought that if their kids were let around me, they would catch it, like it was contagious and if I touched their kids, it would be transferred through my skin. Come on people, Diabetes is not AIDS. It's not contagious.  Oh well. Not everybody knows, you know? I guess I can't expect everybody to understand what it is like. So I do my thing, and just try to keep my experiences as little awkward as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment