Saturday, April 10, 2010

Late Night Thoughts

It is very scary being a Diabetic in Maine after you turn 21. The state doesn't cover you after that, it doesn't even give you an idea on how to get your medicines. I've been scrambling around since November of '09 trying to figure out a way to get medicine, and I'm still trying to find somebody to help me now.

Insurances won't take people with pre-existing illnesses. There's very little money relief programs. I'm waiting on some program to get back to me, but that won't be for a week and a half right now, and I will be out of Levimir in probably 5 days. It's ridiculous.

Now Obama wants to make a government run insurance policy like Canada, and in theory it is a great idea. But they are taxing the people for their idea. Who gets taxed more, the poor people, or the rich? It's harder for us poor people because we now HAVE to buy insurance, with this new policy. What if that insurance takes up our whole paychecks? How are we supposed to buy food? How are we supposed to pay for our living arrangements? How are we supposed to take care of our children?

It seems to me that the government wants all the sick, poor people to just curl up and die.

Apparently where my cousin lives, in Scotland, they give you insurance. Must be nice. Scotland doesn't hate their poor sick people.

No comments:

Post a Comment