Friday, April 16, 2010

Ketchup

Hey guys. Sorry I have been gone for a while. With school, and work, and life in general, I haven't been able to post recently. However, today is all about the catch-up.

So. I had an appointment with the doctor on Wednesday, but I ended up forgetting about it because... well, why did I forget? I think it was because I had a Marine Biology portfolio that needed to be passed in on Wednesday, and I was busy trying to catch up with that in time for class. I also think there was some issues at home that needed to be dealt with. So I called them right when I realized I had an appointment. I remembered right when I was supposed to be walking through the doctor's doors with my polite smile and kind, to-do attitude. Insert chuckle. I rescheduled for April 29th at 3:00 PM. Let us hope that I can remember, shall we?

Today came, and I realized that Sunday was the last day I would have Levemir.  So I called the Strong Area Health Clinic and explained to them my situation- that I was without insurance, that I didn't have the money to buy a vial of Levemir, because it is a hundred and fifteen dollars for a vial that lasts me a month, and the program I am trying to get in to is taking their sweet old time. The kind receptionist told me that they would look for some insulin that they could hand over to me, and would call me back shortly. Unfortunately, my phone was still on silent from French class, and I missed their call. However, there is such a thing as Voice Mail on such phones as the Cell Phone, and the nice lady left a message saying that they had samples that I could have, and that they would hold the samples in the refrigerator until I managed to come and pick them up. Those ladies are amazing.

The boyfriend/fiancee person went for his driving test for the second time today. We managed to get the date wrong. He was supposed to take it on Thursday. So he had to call them and reschedule his appointment, and therefore will not be able to drive us around until probably the first week of May. Poor guy is all bummed out.

No comments:

Post a Comment