Thursday, April 22, 2010

Stress

So. I have been stressed a lot lately. Do you know what some things that happen to you when you are stressed are? They are pain of any kind, heart disease, digestive problems, sleep problems, depression, obesity, autoimmune diseases, skin conditions, such as eczema.

Stress Warning Signs and Symptoms are -bear with me now- : (Cognitive Symptoms) Memory problems, Inability to concentrate, Poor judgment, Seeing only the negative, Anxious or racing thoughts, Constant worrying. (Emotional Symptoms): Moodiness, Irritability or short temper, Agitation, inability to relax, Feeling overwhelmed, Sense of loneliness and isolation, Depression or general unhappiness. (Physical Symptoms): Aches and pains, Diarrhea or constipation, Nausea, dizziness, Chest pain, rapid heartbeat, Loss of sex drive, Frequent colds. (Behavioral Symptoms):     Eating more or less, Sleeping too much or too little, Isolating yourself from others, Procrastinating or neglecting responsibilities, Using alcohol, cigarettes, or drugs to relax, Nervous habits (e.g. nail biting, pacing). http://helpguide.org/mental/stress_signs.htm Go there for more info.

Another thing to put here is that I have discovered, for myself in any case, that when I am stressed, then my blood sugars go up. They tend to skyrocket for me, hitting easily 300-500. That is extremely high, seeing as my goal is to be around 150 so I can have kids in a couple years. So you can imagine how easy that is when I am constantly stressed. And I mean it when I say, I am constantly stressed. If it isn't fighting with the fiancee/boyfriend person, it is the fighting at the house, or the stress of worrying about my dad and people who use him, or stress about my nephews, or stress about college, or about the cranky shiftleader at work, or on and on and on the list goes. I swear I am going to have an ulcer by the time I turn 30.

And those anti-depressant/stress pills do nothing. If anything, they make things worse. Don't ask me how, but in my case, they did nothing for me. Go figure. I must have the worst luck- diabetes, no insurance, stress, and no stress relief. It's very annoying, and I am getting sick of it.

There should be a program in every county in every state that people could go to in order to learn how to deal with stress, help find answers to dissolve that stress. Help people form habits, help people find insurance or a way to get what they need. Help people learn to handle their temper, or deal with alcoholism, or how to grow a backbone, or how to scold their children so that they don't think that they can get away with whatever they want because the parents don't want to listen to their children cry and scream. If there was a system out there for something like that, then I think people would lead better lives. People need to learn how to help each other again, like they used to, instead of this new society that is only looking out for number one.







No comments:

Post a Comment